Monday, October 13, 2008

Finallyyyy. =]

Mom CALLED me last night! I went with Derrick & his grandma to French Lick b/c they're big gamblers. (Just what I need, NOT!) After we ate and went upstairs I looked at my phone & had two voicemails. I thought surely something bad had happened. The first one was mom saying everything is going great and the generator at the school still isn't working. It has been done for some time now & they think they may get it working this week so they can email us, but everything in haiti just happens whenever it happens. You cant put a time schedule on anything there, because you'll always be late! One of the couples that went down with them had bought international service for just this week. She said in the voicemail it was costing her 1.70 a min. I didn't know that she called from an area number until I returned Jason's call and he said who's 812 number was she calling from?! I looked in my call log & just had to call her back! =] oopps Costs money, but it doesn't matter when you haven't heard from them yet. I talked for about a minute and got off. So pray they get the generator working! Emails would be great to hear how the week is going.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

okay...so i finally figured out who you are!!! I seriously can't believe that it's little alyssa that I used to babysit. it just doesn't seem possible that you are now in college....CRAZY!!! anyway, great to "see" you and I hope all is well...