Monday, May 18, 2009

Upcoming fun. =]

Me & Derrick with the new truck! =] Not a great pic of the truck but he looks cute! ha
The funeral for Derrick's uncle has now passed. It was very sad to see his dad break down as we all filed out of the funeral home. I know Dennis doesn't know this but I love that guy to death. He's become like another dad to me. He & Derrick fix my car when it needs help. He came with Derrick to get me when I broke down on my way back to Purdue one time. It was Derricks fault that it broke down. Long story, but true! =] He's never said a mean thing to me! He taught me how to tie a really good fishing knot & how to put on the perfect plastic worm. Who knew it really mattered which way you put that plastic worm on. I wish he wouldn't have taught me though, because derrick just loves to make me fix his when he gets caught in the tree or whatever! Anyways, he's just a great guy and seeing him break down today was really hard.

I'm beyond excited for this weekend!!! =] Yay! Memorial day. I love memorial day because it means the first official weekend of campin at the boat club. This summer I'm taking my video camera every time we go and I'm going to try to make a cool video at the end of summer. I'll never get that worked out i'm sure, but at least i'll have awesome memories! Me & Derrick have been getting ready for this big campin weekend. We got the tent out today and dug out the old lawn chairs. We washed out the huge cooler. It was kinda gross since it hadn't been used since last summer. We need to go to the grocery store & buy stock up on some hotdogs and all that stuff! I can't forget my pink fishin pole either! =]

The little girl in the picture is Brooklyn. She's Derrick's little cousin and we became best buddies the past two days. She's ADORABLE! She loves to dress up and put on jewelry. We went on two "field trips" while we were bored at the viewing. One was around the block and the other was to the gas station to get some goodies! =]


I spoiled the girl already. She just couldn't believe how much gum she had to chew!

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

it is hard to see people we care about be upset. the little girl is such a cutie- probably would be easy to spoil her!

i too am looking forward to camping soon!