Thursday, May 14, 2009

I hate "F" words.....

FIRST OF ALL: This Saturday the 16th, my family is having a yard sale. It's with Mark and Amy Graber's family. We have one every year before we go to Florida. BUT this time, everything I sell will go towards my Haiti trip. There's some Vera Bradley, Girls clothes from toddlers to Children's large. (Amy's youngest daughter to my sisters age) I have some clothes in there. Hollister & American Eagle jeans and shirts. There's some boys stuff. (mainly my brothers) So if you would like to come. It's going to be at Mark & Amy's house. On HWY 50 right outside of Montgomery, heading toward Loogootee. You can't miss it. Right after the Fuhs' turkey barns on the left. =]



Interesting title I know. I'll explain.
It seems like the past week has just not been such a great one. It's not necessarily the fact that everything is wrong in my life, because it's not at all. It's a lot of people around me that are going through hard times. So my first "F" word is Funeral.
Last week my mom, grandma, & I had to go to a funeral. Dave Parman is from Monroe City and was always a VERY GOOD friend of my uncle doug. They went to Cardinals games together, played guitar with him, and was an amazing christian person in Doug's life. Well his wife, Barb, passed away from breast cancer last week. She was only 45 years old i believe. It was so sad. They have a little boy who is my sisters age and I can't imagine what kind of week he has had and how hard the weeks ahead will be.
My second "F" word is Flu. UGH, i've been plagued. Tuesday I slept in later than normal. I'm usually up by 9 now that I'm done with school. I like to get up and watch Kathy Lee & Hoda on the Today show. =] I slept in until 10:30 and I just couldn't seem to get up. I felt fine, and then noon rolled around. I started getting chills and shaky. Mom has blood sugar problems, so I thought that could've been my problem. I hadn't really ate anything. Well, eating didn't help. I was in that hot, cold, hot, cold mode. Which I knew meant fever. I took a shower because I had to go to work at 4. That didn't help. I got out put my soakin wet hair in a pony, put on sweatpants and a sweatshirt, and I wrapped up in a blanket. I was freezing even though I had a 101.2 temp. I tried to sweat it out but that didn't help much. I was soooo achey and I couldn't get comfortable to save my life. I called into work and finally fell asleep. My fever ended up gettin to at least 102.5 when i checked it later on and it finally broke around 9 that night. I was supposed to work 8 hours for another girl on Wednesday. I got up and felt fine. Went to work and then started feeling bad again. Boss wouldn't let me leave. Well let's just say, when I developed more symptoms, he didn't have a choice. I was SICK! I went home 2 hours early and lounged around.
Then today came along. I feel better but we're back to the other "F" word now. This is because poor Derrick's uncle passed away this morning of a massive heart attack. It's his dad's brother Gary. So now they're going to be planning for a funeral within the next few days.
I guess the only good thing I can come up with is that Derrick is getting a new truck tomorrow!! =] He got a really good trade in value on his truck now. So he picked out this brand new ruby colored, Chevy Silverado. We're going to get it tomorrow around 2. I love being involved in all this stuff! I'll post some pictures soon! =]

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

thanks for your last comment on my post-- it made me smile :)