Monday, November 17, 2008

Opening Day..

I got my first deer ever on Saturday! I have been talking about it constantly ever since I dopped that thing! haha Derrick made me promise I would go forever ago, and I was actually really excited about it. I wanted a bow so bad so I could practice and go during bow season, but I didn't get that done. (I think i'm actually getting a pink camo bow for christmas from derrick!) maybe?! Anyways, we went to Deer Camp at Kirkman farm on friday night. I played with Avery all night. (Paul & Denise (Graber) Morris' daughter) I taught her how to use vice grips! hahaha.. We left there about 8:30 and headed hom e to go to bed so we could get up super early. Waking up to NASTY rain & wind was not fun! I got soaking wet, even when I had rain gear on, but I only complained once. That was when I got to the point that I couldn't feel my hands because my gloves were drinched! We saw some deer but they were too far away for me to shoot. We went back to Derrick's & took a nap then headed back out around 3. I wasn't even in the stand & Derrick was getting everything situated before I climbed up & he said "ALYSSA! DEER!" H really freaks out like a kid in a candy store! Well it was a good ways away and kept walking. I was bummed I didn't get to see it. Around 4:30 I said, "I'm getting mad, cuz you got to see that deer and i'm def not gonna get one today!" His reply was "Well, why don't you shoot that one right over there!" WHAT! haha Perfect Timing! I let it get a little closer and I dropped that poor thing! My first words after shooting were "AWW, i'm sooo sorry I just did that to you!" haha.. Derrick was like Get A Life! =]
Yay! my deer. It weighed close to a 100 lb before derrick had to take all the yucky stuff out! ha
One of the many reasons why I love this boy. He drags my deer out of the woods! I know that's kind of nasty looking!

3 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Poor lil deer. The pic of your man draggin it is... well, gross! ha

Chelsa said...

congrats :)

Chelsea said...

Nice deer! That's awesome that you are willing to do the things he likes to be around him!