Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This week...

I forgot to mention some stuff in my post yesterday. Yes, can you believe it? Two posts in two days from me. Rare event!
Anyways, Ayrika & Chelsea wrote a little about how they are going to Haiti this summer. Well, I am too!! This will be my third trip to Haiti. I miss it so much and I really feel like I need a good spiritual boost. I go to Antioch and it's such an emotional mess there. One week we're looking for a preacher, the next week we have one in mind, and then the next week they aren't coming anymore. I understand the reasonings, but it's frustrating! So I'm going to Port-au-Prince Haiti with New Hope christian church. They have a group of high schoolers, a couple college kids, and some adults too. It's pretty even in ages. It's weird not knowing very many of the people but I'm not alone. There's a little BR group going. Me, Chelsea Miller, Brooke Lengacher, Stephanie Graber, & Ayrika Lengacher. I know ayrika is from ND, but we say we adopted her!
Next business... The Bachelor. haha I used to make so much fun of the girls in high school because they would miss the bachelor night for ball games and such. Then they would come to school and fight over who got to take home the recorded tape first. I was like girls, you're not going to die. Well, now I love it! I wouldn't fight over a tape, but I don't like missing episodes. BTW, Melissa is going to win for sure. We're like a little Melissa fan club on Monday nights at Chelsea's house. It's nice to get together with the girls and not think about school, talk about the most random of things, and eat lots of cheesecake or whatever sweets we can get into!
Last thing... I started my new job today. I'm working as a pharmacy tech, like normal. That's pretty much the story of my life besides my lifeguarding at Camp Illiana. Anyways, I started at Williams Brothers in washington. I'm training and just figuring out the organization and flow of their work. I did pretty well today actually. It helps a lot having background with medication names and an understanding of what is going on.
Well i'm going to get back to the Purdue game that's on now and get ready for American Idol!!! =] Have a great week. Two posts in two days allows me to not post for like a month! haha jk!

2 comments:

The Lengachers said...

I consider myself a BR girl =) its so funny though none of us hung out or anything in high school now I am always with one of you if not all=) Love you for adopting me <3

Any ideas on Bachelor night?

Alyssa said...

I heard tonight, that you've got all kinds of ideas for things to make for next monday! haha you're hilarious. i couldn't sit down and make stuff like that if i wanted to. That's why you're going to be a teacher and i'm not. I'll stick to the math stuff! haha